Learn more about the Texas License to Carry process and book your class below.
LTC Class Details
The objective of this class is to analyze your shooting proficiency via a 50 round course of fire as well as download the laws to you that surround your ability to carry a firearm on your person in the state of Texas.
What to Bring:
- Pen & Paper for notes
- Bottled Water/Soda & snacks
- Firearm (.22 caliber or greater) and 50 rounds of ammo. Ammo & firearm not included unless paid in the tuition.
Items Included In Your Tuition:
- Class time in our comfortable, spacious classroom.
- LTC-100 state document to submit to the state of Texas proving you completed class.
- Assistance with paperwork submission if needed.
- Range time for shooting Proficiency & Target. Ammo & firearm not included unless paid in the tuition.
Items NOT included in your Tuition:
- Your fee to the State of Texas to process your license. This is $40 (discounts apply for law enforcement, veterans, active military and other occupations.
- Cost of Fingerprinting Services. These are usually $10. Make an online appointment by going to https://www.identogo.com/locations. Your DPS application MUST BE COMPLETE prior to making your fingerprint appointment.
- Ammo & firearm not included unless paid in the tuition.
THIS CLASS DOES NOT TEACH YOU HOW TO SHOOT A GUN. IF YOU NEED TO LEARN THE FUNDAMENTALS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU EITHER TAKE A ONE ON ONE LESSON WITH ONE OF OUR IN-HOUSE TRAINERS OR SIGN UP FOR AN INTRODUCTION TO HANDGUN CLASS.
IF YOU ARE BRINGING YOUR OWN FIREARM FOR THIS CLASS IT MUST BE CASED AND UNLOADED WHEN YOU WALK INTO THE BUILDING.
Steps For Texas LTC
1. TAKE CLASSROOM PORTION
4 hr min - 6 hr max: This section covers things such as Texas law regarding firearms, safe storage & situational awareness.
2. COMPLETE SHOOTING PREFICIENCY
Average 1 hr: 20 rounds at 3 yards, 20 rounds at 7 yards and 10 rounds at 15 yards.
- Experienced Shooters - May take steps 1 & 2 on the same day
- New Shooters - You can do step 1 and finish your proficiency at a later time
It is NOT recommended that you attempt both class time and shooting on the same day if you are not already proficient with a firearm.
3. SUBMIT DPS APPLICATION
Application can be filled out and entered online. Follow the link below to get started.
4. SUBMIT FINGERPRINTS
Fingerprints are submitted to the state via IdentoGo. (everyone must complete this step). IdentoGo Locations.
Your DPS application MUST BE COMPLETE prior to making your fingerprint appointment.
5. SUBMIT YOUR LTC 100 DOCUMENT
This document is provided by your instructor and shows you completed your classroom time and your shooting proficiency. Upload by following the link: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/ltcatt.aspx
ALREADY SUBMITTED APPLICATION?
If you completed your DPS application prior to taking an LTC class or shooting proficiency your form may still be valid. Contact us for any questions or to schedule your time.
REASONS YOU MAY BE DISQUALIFIED:
- If you are a felon
- If you are a fugitive from the law
- If you are chemically dependent
- If you have a psychiatric disorder
- If you have class A or B misdemeanors
- If you may have Child support debt
Texas Gun Experience employees cannot provide legal advice on Texas license to carry disqualifying factors.
Should you have questions on these disqualifiers it is recommended that you consult an attorney.
The State of Texas has up to 8 weeks from the time they receive ALL DOCUMENTS to process your License to Carry. If it has been over 8 weeks, you can make an online inquiry by clicking here: https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/ and selecting “Returning User”.
Shoot us an email using firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours or you can give us a call at 8172850664
Upcoming LTC Classes
Sun, Aug 15, 2021 8:00 AM
Sun, Aug 29, 2021 8:00 AM
LTC Prep Class
Want a little more training?
Take an LTC Prep Class
We would love to get you prepared and help you pass, an LTC class. We will cover what can be done before an LTC class, targets and scoring, and the basics of handgun. We will also shoot a practice shooting proficiency.